What does self-love have to do with your health, your relationships, your career, your spirituality, your desires, and your overall satisfaction with life?! EVERYTHING!
Laurie Gerber, TEDx speaker and head coach at the Handel Group specializing in relationships and marriage, knows firsthand that loving and respecting yourself is the foundation to live in alignment with your dreams.
While growing up, food symbolized love for Laurie and her family. But what started out as a source of comfort and happiness quickly turned into a sugar addiction, one that got so out of control that it affected her entire life and nearly destroyed her marriage. When Laurie enlisted a life coach, she was forced to confront the ways in which her “love story” with sugar was impacting how she loved herself and others. Using food as an escape, she was disconnected from her body, checked out of her relationship, and doing work that wasn’t satisfying.
With the help of her coach, Laurie learned how to connect to her head and her heart to start showing herself the love and respect she desired… and deserved. By following an accountability method (which she now teaches!) using a series of promises and consequences, Laurie was able to break up with sugar and transform her health, save her marriage, and begin a new fulfilling career.
Now, as the head coach of The Handel Group, Laurie’s on a mission to help others get in touch with their dreams, fall in love with telling the truth, and become the authors of their lives!
“Self-love comes from within, it’s never going to be replaced by somebody else liking you, swiping you, flirting with you, or falling in love with you.” ~Laurie Gerber
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to release the victim mentality and stop making excuses
- Ways to remember your dreams (even when you may have forgotten them)
- A simple, practical way to hold yourself accountable and stop breaking your own promises
- The secret to setting goals that push you (but don’t overwhelm you!)
- How to stop the negative self-talk and cultivate self-respect
- What it means to author your life and how to pick up the proverbial pen
- Why self-love is the foundation for all other forms of love in our life
- How the truth will set you free
You’ll feel inspired to start to truly love and value yourself, so you can live your happiest, most fulfilling life!