Our alarm clock gets set to 6AM.
We say we’re going to wake up early to go the gym before work. But then the alarm clock beeps, and the voices in our heads convince us that pressing snooze is okay. This is the core of the human condition; we must negotiate the conflicting interests of our internal monologue.
On today’s episode of The MentorBox Podcast, we are joined by Lauren Zander to discuss how to best navigate these voices. Lauren is a life coach, university lecturer, public speaker, and the cofounder and chairwoman of Handel Group, an international corporate consulting and private coaching company based in New York City. Lauren is also the author of Maybe It’s You: Cut the Crap. Face Your Fears. Love Your Life, a no-nonsense practical manual that helps readers figure out not just what they want out of life, but how to get there. Lauren has spent over 20 years coaching from Grammy-winning musicians to Fortune 500 CEOs.
Tune in to this discussion to hone in on what it takes to be a life coach, how you know you need one, and how to best manage the little voice in our heads that overrule our better selves.
Points to Keep In Mind
- Understanding your inner dialogue isn’t you is the first step to change
- Write out your lies to get them out of your head
- Don’t try to make others change
- An effective coach has a unique combination of commitment, care, intelligence, and voice
- There is no right way other than what is true to yourself
- Try to find a coach who has experienced
- The more you know your prejudices, the funnier you will be to the other person
- Instead of removing judgement, relocate it to a place you can connect through it
- You will understand who your true friends are in times of conflict, not peace
- Fall in love with the person somebody is, not who they will become
- Happiness doesn’t have to present itself as golden retriever-like
Visit handelgroup.com/mentorbox for these special offers to the Mentorbox community:
1) Receive a complimentary 30-minute coaching consultation to learn more about coaching options AND 2) Receive $75 off a subscription to Inner.U, the digital coaching course that includes 14 hours of audio coaching from Lauren, 50+ written assignments, community chat, and more.
Find out which areas of life you may need to work on with the free coaching tool from Lauren and Handel Group, The Current Reality Quiz. It’s an easy (and fun!) way to self assess. http://bit.ly/MBOXCRQ
Interested in coaching but want to learn more?
Schedule a 30-minute consultation
- Talk to a human!
- Find out what HG coaching is all about
- Learn about our different coaching programs and pricing options
- Design a coaching program based on your current challenges and goals