We often talk here on the podcast about creating good habits to support our health. Easier said than done, right? In order to effectively train and feed your muscles you need tools to integrate good habits of nutrition and exercise, otherwise, progress isn’t going to happen. My guest, Laurie Gerber, is an expert at helping people, including myself, create the dreams needed to set in motion the right kind of changes.
In today’s episode, we discuss transitioning from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset. This requires creating and identifying your dreams and promises and having consequences so that you see them through. It’s about aligning your words with your actions and dismissing the negative stories you tell yourself that end up holding you back.
Have you identified your dreams? What’s standing in the way? Leave a comment below!
In this episode:
- What it means to have personal integrity so that we can truly align our words and our actions
- Creating and following dreams that exceed what you previously thought possible
- Identifying and overcoming the negative stories that we tell ourselves
- Making achievable promises to ourselves and setting non-punitive consequences for when we don’t follow through
“I am not asking people to dream pie in the sky. I am asking people to dream what is inspiring to themselves; truthful, goosebumpy, spine-tingling, but not grandiose. Because the minute we go grandiose … we don’t believe it. Our subconscious can’t swallow it.” [10:28]
“We were deeply getting to know my subconscious and the inner dialogue I could easily detect and the inner dialogue that I couldn’t easily detect. And that was essentially my god, that was what I was bowing to and I didn’t even know it. I didn’t even know what it was saying.” [24:34]
“Your dream’s tactic is to get inspired by the dream, debunk your dumbass theories and excuses, and then get into action. If you don’t do the action you said you would do, pay a consequence – no drama.” [27:30]
Use the code “musclemedicine75” for a discount on Handel Group’s digital program InnerU Coach
Follow Handel Group on Facebook
Interested in coaching but want to learn more?
Schedule a 30-minute consultation
- Talk to a human!
- Find out what HG coaching is all about
- Learn about our different coaching programs and pricing options
- Design a coaching program based on your current challenges and goals