We could all use a little help figuring out life sometimes. Or even a lot of help! And when we are willing to ask for it and also ask ourselves some tough questions, we can live more deeply, openly, and joyfully. One of the big parts of digging into things that make us unhappy is thinking about the ultimate “Why?” And it really comes down to making the most of this precious life because we know death is coming eventually. This can be a scary topic, but it doesn’t have to be. In facing the idea of death myself and enlisting the help of a life coach, I’ve become happier, healthier, and more successful without fear of what comes next.
Today, Dr. Mark Hyman is excited to talk to his best friend and life coach, Lauren Zander, on The Doctor’s Farmacy. Lauren Handel Zander is the Co-Founder and Chairwoman of Handel Group®, an executive life coaching company. Her coaching methodology, The Handel Method®, is taught in over 50 universities and institutes of learning around the world, including MIT, Stanford Graduate School of Business, NYU, and the New York City Public School System. Lauren is also the creator of Inner.U: Learn to Human BetterⓇ , the online coaching course that teaches the entirety of The Handel Method, which has been used by dozens of celebrities, CEOs, and entrepreneurs since 2004, and she is the author of Maybe It’s You, a no-nonsense, practical manual that helps readers figure out not just what they want out of life, but how to actually get there.
Here are more of the details from our interview:
- The twelve areas of life that Lauren typically works with clients on.
- How facing death makes you face life better.
- My fascination with death as a college student and my experience as a hospice worker.
- Coaching Lauren did with a dying mother and her adult son.
- Lauren’s tool of having clients write parent letters.
- Dealing with feelings of helplessness and hopelessness in response to the circumstances of 2020.
- Building a life you love when your dreams and visions have been disrupted.
- Work I’ve been doing with Lauren around my sleep issues.
- Changing your life by working with your mind.
- Lauren’s online coaching course, Inner.U.